When you install the Window Server 2012, you assume that the installation is done and click on the dashboard, if you receive the error as below, it mean that the setup is not complete yet.
Microsoft have allow you to access to the Window server 2012 even you not done with the setup? Well I think it was a bug where you need to trigger the installation by some step and not by one button. Weird……
How was the step?
(2)search for the file setupmon.exe in C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin
(3)run it as administrator
(4)the installation will continue again
(5) It will prompt you with the message what is the cause the installation is not completed just now. For my case, the ram and disk space is not sufficient.
(6) Follow the step and configure it. And well done , you finally finish setup Windows server 2012.
PS: If your server only have 4GB of ram, forget about upgrade to Windows server 2012.
In Windows Live Mail your folders do not display properly and you have problems saving emails to your drafts, deleted items and sent folders when using IMAP to access your email account.
You may also receive the following errors:
“The selected message could not be copied to the destination”
This is because Windows Live Mail needs a IMAP prefix to list and find the correct folders to save emails to.
1) Select the Tools menu and click Accounts
2) Select your email account and click Properties
3) Click the IMAP tab.
4) Enter INBOX in capitals for the Root Folder Path.
5) Click OK to close the Properties window, then click Close.
6) Windows Live Mail will ask whether to refresh your folders. Click Yes.
When your server have symptom as below
a) a lots of log as below
Remote session from client name a exceeded the maximum allowed failed logon attempts. The session was forcibly terminated.
b) IIS unable to start and receive the error result when list the applicaiton pool list
c) intermittent interuption to the IIS service
Your server might under RDP Brute force attack.
Because of RDP Brute force, the memory type known as “kernel unpaged pool” will be almost entirely full. There is a maximum of 256MB on a 32bit Windows installation. This will to continue to cause IIS and other network services to work intermittently and finally stop entirely.
So the solution is edit the RDP port other then the default 3389 so the attacker will not easily know your server port. Golden rules in IT security: DO NOT even use default port for all the service.
1) Start Registry Editor (Start > Run > type “regedit” > press Enter)
2) Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
3) On the Edit menu, click Modify, and then click Decimal.
4) Type the new port number, and then click OK.
5) Quit Registry Editor.
6) Restart the server.
In cPanel enviroment, you can edit the outgoing IP by edit /etc/mailips. This file controls the IP address from which each domain should send mail.
It can be configure this file in the following way:
Example 1 : all kc.com outgoing mail IP is 192.168.0.2
Example 2 : sub.kc.com outgoing mail IP is 192.168.0.3
Example 3 : All domain in this server will use outgoing IP 192.168.0.1
Note: after done the setting, make the file /etc/mailips immutable. This to ensure the file is not reseted after service restart.
chattr +i /etc/mailips
Last step, restart the service