On Aug 1, we know that the interface of the hotmail have change. But behind the story is Microsoft is in the process of killing-off its much maligned Hotmail web-based email and replacing it with Outlook.com. Wow, is that a big news?
Well, myself have important @hotmail account, do it will terminated in future? So far, no one have answer on it. But for precaution step, it better to create a Outlook alias
(1) log into the outlook.com by your @hotmail.com account
(2) click on the settings > More mail settings
(3) Select the Create a Outlook alias
(4) and create an account @ outlook.com
it will auto link to your hotmail account and the coolest thing is, when you send mail, you still have selection where you can select either @hotmail.com or outlook.com
Grap yourself a username ASAP, I know it “selling fast” 🙂
Top ten Fetures by IBNLIVE
1. Outlook.com has a new design that Microsoft says uses 60 per cent fewer pixels but 30 per cent more messages visible in the inbox
2. Outlook.com connects to Facebook and Twitter to enrich conversations. Users can view recent status by friends and Tweets shared by friends.
3. Users can chat with Facebook users and other Outlook users from inside Outlook.com.
4. Users can open, edit and share Word, Excel and PowerPoint files in Outlook.com.
5. Outlook’s address book integrates contacts from Facebook and LinkedIn.
6. With Outlook.com users can make Skype video calls even when both users don’t have Skype installed. This feature will be rolled out soon.
7. Photographs attached with emails can be viewed as a slideshow.
8. Outlook.com comes integrated with with Microsoft’s cloud storage service SkyDrive, this removes the restrictions of attachment size limits.
9. Outlook.com automatically detects mass messages such as newsletters, offers, daily deals and social updates and puts them in separate folders. Users can customize the process to sort mail any way they want to.
10. Existing Hotmail users can upgrade to the Outlook.com preview and their email address, password, contacts, old email, and rules will remain unchanged. They can continue to send and receive email from their @hotmail.com or @msn.com or @live.com address.