In Windows Live Mail your folders do not display properly and you have problems saving emails to your drafts, deleted items and sent folders when using IMAP to access your email account.
You may also receive the following errors:
“The selected message could not be copied to the destination”
This is because Windows Live Mail needs a IMAP prefix to list and find the correct folders to save emails to.
1) Select the Tools menu and click Accounts
2) Select your email account and click Properties
3) Click the IMAP tab.
4) Enter INBOX in capitals for the Root Folder Path.
5) Click OK to close the Properties window, then click Close.
6) Windows Live Mail will ask whether to refresh your folders. Click Yes.
(1) On the BlackBerry home screen, select the Blackberry Setup icon, then choose Personal Email Set-up. Note: On older BlackBerrys, find and select the Personal Email Set-up icon.
(2) Select Personal Email Set-up.
(3) Accept the Terms and Conditions.
(4) Enter your full email address. Example: email@example.com.
(5) Leave the password field blank. Select Next.
(6) The message ‘We are unable to set up your email account.’ will appear. Select ‘I will provide the settings to add this email account’. Select Next.
(7) Select ‘Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP)’. Select Next.
(8) Select ‘I will provide the settings to add this email account’. Select Next.
(9) A message ‘The BlackBerry Internet Service could not configure [your email] account’ will appear. Select ‘Provide The Settings’.
(10) Enter your full email address. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org. Then enter your mailbox password. Select Next.
(11) Enter ‘mail.yourdomain.com’ as the email server. Select Next.
(12) Select OK.
(13) Under your newly added email address, select Edit.
(14) Select Advanced Settings at the bottom.
(15) Ensure the port is set to ‘143′ and ‘Use SSL’ is set to ‘no’
(16) Select Save.