I assume that all know how to install the SSL for the IIS6. This topic is how to apply the wildcard SSL in IIS6.
For II6, it may need to apply the certificate for all the subdomain.
Basically it involve 2 part, IIS and cmd.
(1) Open IIS
(2) Go to the subdomain entry
(3) Right click and select Properties, then go to the Directory Security Tab
(4) Click on the Server Certificate under the Secure communications
(5) It will prompt out one message box, click Next, select the option Assign an existing certificate. After that select the wildcard SSL that install previously and apply it.
(6) After that go back to the subdomain entry properties again. Select the Web Site Tab, select Advanced and make sure the port 443 using the dedicated IP that assign to the domain before.
(7) Apply it and it done for the IIS part.
(1) Open CMD
(2) Go to path C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts
(3) Run the script as below
cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set /w3svc/site identifier/SecureBindings “:443:host header”
site identifier : Please check on the IIS and it will have the value of it for each entry
host header: the host header for the Web site
For example, your site domain is test.abc.com and site identifier is 1234, script will be as below
cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set /w3svc/1234/SecureBindings “:443:test.abc.com”
(4) Once done, iisreset it